top of page

At Singh Tutt Notary Public we have extensive experience and expertise in drafting and notarising Change of Name Deeds for use in India.  Here in the United Kingdom, we serve the Indian Community at a national and local level.  We can tailor a required Change of Name Deed to meet Indian Government/High Commission/Consulate requirements.  We shall endeavour to deal with your matter as efficiently as possible and we are more than aware that you will often be under time constraints and may need to get your papers notarised as a matter of urgency. 


​We have listed below the most common scenarios for your ready information.  This list is not exhaustive.  Please click here to contact us for more information.

It may be the case that........

  • ​You wish to change the name on your Indian passport to show your correct name spelt how it should be. 


  • You need to include a surname/family name, as your most recent Indian passport did not show your surname/family name or you may have married and wish to adopt your marital name.


  • You need to change your name in your Indian passport after marriage to include and adopt your husband's surname (This must be signed by both the husband and wife)

  • You wish to change the name of your child who is a minor 

  • Your name (including your forename and surname) was incorrectly shown as a forename only in your Indian passport, thus your Indian passport was without a surname (surname was left blank).


  • You were known on your Indian passport with only a forename, thus your Indian passport was without a surname (surname was left blank).


​We can also notarise a Change of Name Deed already made, however, we must make sure sure that the document is fit for purpose and notarisation.  In our experience, we find that common amendments are making sure details such as names, addresses, descriptions, layout, grammar and formatting are correct.  You can also email your prepared Change of Name Deed for us to view at or Click here for full contact details.


Requirements & Useful Infomation

You must contact us and arrange an appointment so that we can attend upon you and take your instructions in person.  We cannot take instructions through a third party.


If your have mobility or health issues, we can visit you to attend upon you, take instructions and if required, to draft and notarise a Change of Name Deed.  We can visit your home, at hospitals, care home or wherever you require us to attend


Each person appearing before the notary public to sign any document shall need the following forms of identification and items:

  • A valid passport

(In the event that you do not hold a valid passport, the notary public shall advise you accordingly)


One proof of postal address which is no more than three months old.  You can use either of the following:  


  • A utility bill

  • A bank statement

  • A letter received in the post from either a Doctor, Hospital or any other person or organisation.

Note that ID and additional requirements depend on the type of document you require, its purpose and the country it is destined for use.  Please contact us to find our more.

bottom of page